Welcome 8th Graders
Helpful Timeline Links
Other Places to Search
What Are You Adding to the Timeline?
- Illustrate all events in color on unlined drawing paper
- Add caption (One or two sentences that identifies the people and major objects in the picture)
- Title your picture with the event it illustrates.
- Historical characters
- Fictional characters
- Historical events
- Fictional dialog (Must support historical facts)
- Include all event in your time line
- Historical Character
- Solo must contain information about
o His or her early, middle and late life
o Major accomplishments
o Involvement in the events in chapter four
- Fictional dialog
- Fictional emotion
- 4 to 8 minutes
- Video recorded presentation in class, before school, or after school
- All events in timeline
- Events ranked it order of importance 1-6
- Justification including what is dependent on this event and or what would be different.
- 1-3 sentence explanation
- Must use a recognizable rhyme pattern
- One poem including all the events in your timeline or a series of poems including all the events in your timeline.
- Minimize nonsense
- Brief description of the event in the poem
- In class presentation.
- In comic book format (captions in each square)
- Clear pattern (event, what it caused, what that caused, what that caused etc.)
- Include all events